Tuesday, April 24, 2012





We are busy getting ready to open this spring and we are putting some finishing touches on some banners to attract attention out by the road.  I had an old plastic Kenmore sewing machine my mother gave me which was pretty much worthless.  I searched on Craig's List and found this old Morse sewing machine and early subsidiary of Toyota, yes the car company which in Japan makes everything from rice makers to cars.  This thing weighs a ton but the previous owner said his mother sewed everything even leather gloves.  We made large canvas harvest bags for the field from ticking and it sewed through a triple layer like butter,  The picture doesn't do the machine justice, the blue is a bit richer and the top is a beautiful beige, very manly.  The best I can tell is that it must be from the 50's it is a great machine.  I will post picts of the banners when they are complete.

No comments: