Sunday, August 8, 2010

Project

It seems as if there is always at least one project going on at any given time on the farm.  Right now we are building a deck, mulching the labyrinth, splitting firewood, tending the garden and probably other things I am forgetting.  There never seems to be enough time in the day, yet we push on.  What else can we do? One of my projects was to create something to hold sunflowers for display at the market.  In one of my earlier posts I mentioned some French flower buckets I had purchased.  These have worked out extremely well.  We have painted them different colors, and they look just great.  Well as I was eyeing scraps of things in my workshop I came across some stair balusters  I was going to use to make some endtables and decided they would suit my sunflower project better.  A few screws, some scrap wood, paint and the French flower pot and voila, I have my stand.  This winter  I will refinish the legs to make it look just that much nicer!

No comments: